Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yes, I am still here. I really thought that I would add to my tale of Myasthenia Gravis every day or two -- but, I guess I didn't realize how busy I would be this Summer. How WONDERFUL to be busy!!

I've had a minor problem -- arrrgghhh!! I was weed-eating the other day -- around the lake in front of my house. The lake doesn't belong to me -- but, I get to enjoy the view, so I like to contribute to its upkeep. I got about 1/3 of the way around -- felt a little tired/winded -- so, I rested for a few minutes. Started back and kept on going. About 2/3 of the way around, I got tired again. (Note to self: IF you ever again get tired TWICE, STOP and go inside!!!!) After resting, I started again. Mom, my baby-sitter for the day, drove by to check on me -- I asked for something to drink. When she brought my weak tea, I made a mistake -- I drank tooooo much, tooooo fast. I was ok for an hour or two -- l finished the weed-eating, got a bath, and ate lunch. Then, WHAM -- my stomach -- OH, my STOMACH!!!!

If you know much about horses, you do NOT want to give a hot horse very much to drink -- especially not something cool -- because it can cause COLIC -- VERY serious in a horse -- even deadly. NOT so serious in me, but it made me pretty miserable. It has been several days -- I am just now feeling better -- my stomach is STILL sore.

When my stomach misbehaves, so does my MG. So my voice has been even WORSE than usual and my right eye is all droopy. And, so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment