Thursday, May 28, 2009

This morning I got my Google alerts. I read about a woman in Texas who is suing the police and just about everyone else in the city. Here is the scoop. She has MS and was driving erratically. She was stopped by the police and told them she had MS -- they knew NOTHING about it -- and arrested her. She was charged with DUI. There's a whole lot more to the story -- probably even more than what I read -- but, here's what scared ME. I have Myasthenia Gravis. I OFTEN appear to be drunk -- I sometimes walk AND talk like I a drunk. I even carry a laminated card in my billfold AND in my car that says "I am NOT intoxicated, I have Myasthenia Gravis" -- and it goes on to describe the symptoms. It even has the names and telephone numbers of my two neurologists, my general practitioner, and my pulmonologist -- the four doctors who DO know about my MG. BTW, I do NOT drink alcohol -- AT ALL -- never have!!!

I read about a lady who lived in an apartment somewhere in New York. She was being harassed by her neighbors. She complained to the police. When the police came to investigate, the lady sounded drunk -- yes, she has MG -- so, the police took HER into custody and she collapsed. They called some paramedics -- she told them she had MG -- they had never HEARD of it -- the police thought she was lying. It was a NIGHTMARE. She is now TERRIFIED of the police AND the paramedics. What a way to live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment