Saturday, June 6, 2009

When to PUSH -- when to BACK-DOWN. That is always the question with Myasthenia Gravis and exercise. If my neuro had NOT just checked my strength and given me the THUMBS UP to start exercising, I would NOT be "pushing" right now. Oh, man, I would SO not be pushing!! My thighs are called me "dirty" names -- and my left knee is making noises when I go up the stairs!! I KNOW that this is just part of the "program" -- that I am just going to have to "grin and bear it" -- but, I swear, if somebody gave me even HALF an excuse, I would be sitting on my bottom instead of walking in the morning and again in the late afternoon. Twice a day?? Am I a glutton for punishment, or what??

Yes, I am griping -- and I'm soooooo sorry that you are having to READ this!! I know that by Tuesday, I WILL be over this soreness -- the endorphins will start to kick in -- and, once again, I will actually ENJOY my exercise routine. But, right now, my body is SCREAMING -- and it "ain't" pretty!!! ARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!

The worst part?? I know that I will face this AGAIN at the end of my next exacerbation. Ok, trying to think of some "pithy" saying....................naw, nothing comes to mind. Except, maybe.......yeah, I should be thankful that I at least HAVE this opportunity -- I am not in a wheelchair. Ok, I am chastised. I will SHUT up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment